Project: A690 Four Lanes End Bridge, Refurbishment
Client: Sunderland City Council
APA Concrete Repairs Ltd were successful in procuring the works package for structural maintenance to Four Lanes End Bridge, in Houghton-Le-Spring, Tyne & Wear. During principal bridge inspections it was identified that the bridge required extensive maintenance in order to improve the overall condition of the bridge as well as enhance the impact protection of the parapet and protection to deck & structural members.
The project was awarded to APA by Sunderland City Council and involved:
• Removal & reinstatement of existing surfacing
• Testing, repair & re-waterproofing of bridge deck
• Testing & concrete repairs to abutments, wing-walls & parapet up-stands
• Replacement of existing bridge parapets with associated works to safety fences
• Provision of pedestrian protection to wing walls
• Re-painting of steel deck beams
The works were completed within budget and on programme by APA to the satisfaction of the Client.